At b. Matthew’s Eatery, we offer a positive, fun work environment with highly competitive pay, FREE telemedicine/virtual healthcare for all employees and their dependents, subsidized benefits available for full time staff, excellent work/life balance, set schedules, meal discounts and the opportunity for benefits and performance-based advancement opportunities. We believe that a happy, healthy team member is a better, more productive team member. We strive to help every employee in our company reach this goal!
Our focus is on the overall experience of the customer as well as the work environment of our team. This requires a commitment to empowering staff to go above and beyond expectations. With an emphasis on quality products, creative, comfortable atmospheres and an unwavering commitment to personal service, b. Matthew’s Eatery strives to excel on all levels.
If this sounds like an environment in which you could thrive, we want you to become part of our team!
Work in a professional, responsive manner to create an exceptional dining experience for every guest with the goal of creating loyal, repeat customers. Cook and prepare a variety of food products including meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stocks and other food products using a variety of equipment and utensils according to the Daily Prep List.
Prep Cook duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of all items on our menu.
- Knowledge of sanitation and cleanliness standards and the ability to adhere to these standards.
- Use of industrial kitchen equipment.
- Maintaining and contributing to a safe and respectful working environment for both staff and customers by using proper food handling skills and following workplace safety guidelines thereby reducing the risk of injury or accident.
- Making sure the kitchen team’s work areas are clean and organized.
- Follow prep instructions as laid out by Management.
- Assist cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed and provide cooks with needed items.
- Following all company operating policies and procedures.
- Supporting the actions and decisions of Management.
Job Requirements. The ideal candidate will have:
- Two years kitchen experience though on-the-job training will be provided.
- The ability to stand on your feet for 8 hours, lift up to 50 lbs., bend and reach.
- The ability to take direction.
- The ability to do basic math.
- The ability to follow recipes.
- The availability to work mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- Reliable transportation.
- $13-$15 depending upon experience.
- FREE telemedicine/virtual healthcare for all employees and their dependents
- Insurance available for full-time employees.
- Monthly bus pass assistance available.
Gaslight Group is a collective body of hospitality-based businesses – The 5 Spot Midtown, b. Matthew’s Eatery, The 5 Spot Sandfly & Abe’s on Lincoln. Serving delicious, approachable food and drinks in a uniquely beautiful, family friendly atmosphere with exceptional guest service is our specialty!
Ready to apply? Click here!
Have questions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org