b. Matthew’s – Host
At b. Matthew’s Eatery, we offer a positive, fun work environment with highly competitive pay including tip out, FREE telemedicine/virtual healthcare for all employees and their dependents, excellent work/life balance, set schedules, meal discounts and the opportunity for benefits and performance-based advancement opportunities. We believe that a happy, healthy team member is a better, more productive team member. We strive to help every employee in our company reach this goal!
Our focus is on the overall experience of the customer as well as the work environment of our team. This requires a commitment to empowering staff to go above and beyond expectations. With an emphasis on quality products, creative, comfortable atmospheres and an unwavering commitment to personal service, b. Matthew’s Eatery strives to excel on all levels.
If this sounds like an environment in which you could thrive, we want you to become part of our team!
Provide professional, friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience, by welcoming and warmly greeting every guest upon arrival and managing the efficient and timely seating of guests with the goal of creating loyal, repeat customers.
Host duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge and promotion of the Gaslight Group culture and brand.
- Knowledge of all items on our menu.
- Opening the front door, when possible, for guests entering or leaving the restaurant and warmly and graciously greet or thanking all guests for dining with us and inviting them to return.
- Seating guests appropriately or inform them of their wait time using technology provided.
- Answering the restaurant phone in a professional manner.
- Taking reservations using technology provided.
- Taking, preparing and delivering (curbside) to-go orders.
- Knowledge of and the ability to adhere to sanitation and cleanliness standards including those of the restroom facilities.
- Maintaining and contributing to a safe and respectful working environment for both staff and customers by using proper food handling skills and following workplace safety guidelines.
- Ensuring that all to go packaging is appropriately branded (stamped/stickered).
- Developing and implementing creative solutions to areas of potential improvement.
- Following all company operating policies and procedures.
- Supporting the actions and decisions of Management.
Job Requirements. The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to stand on your feet for 8 hours, lift up to 50 lbs., bend and reach.
- The ability to take direction.
- The availability to work mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- Reliable transportation.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional self-discipline.
- The ability to think on your feet and act intuitively.
If you are interested in becoming part of our fast paced, customer service centered, growing company, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Gaslight Group is a collective body of hospitality-based businesses – The 5 Spot Midtown, b. Matthew’s Eatery, The 5 Spot Sandfly & Abe’s on Lincoln. Serving delicious, approachable food and drinks in a uniquely beautiful, family friendly atmosphere with exceptional guest service is our specialty!
Ready to apply? Click here!
Have questions? Send us an email at email@example.com