At The 5 Spot, we offer a positive, fun work environment with highly competitive pay including tip out, FREE telemedicine/virtual healthcare for all employees and their dependents, subsidized benefits available for full time staff, excellent work/life balance, set schedules, meal discounts and the opportunity for benefits and performance-based advancement opportunities. We believe that a happy, healthy team member is a better, more productive team member. We strive to help everyone in our company reach this goal!
Our focus is on the overall experience of the customer as well as the work environment of our team. This requires a commitment to empowering staff to go above and beyond expectations. With an emphasis on quality products, creative, comfortable atmospheres and an unwavering commitment to personal service, The 5 Spot strives to excel on all levels.
If this sounds like an environment in which you could thrive, we want you to become part of our team!
Provide professional, timely, accurate, friendly, service while preparing the highest quality, creative beverages for every guest with the goal of creating loyal, repeat customers.
Bartender duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge and promotion of our company culture and brand.
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent with the restaurant’s standard drink recipes.
- Knowledge of all items on our menu.
- Check identification of guests to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Monitor and observe guests to ensure they are happy with their food, drinks and service and respond promptly and courteously to correct any problems.
- Knowledge of and the ability to adhere to sanitation and cleanliness standards.
- Keeping bar stocked according to company policies and procedures.
- Maintaining and contributing to a safe and respectful working environment for both staff and customers by using proper food handling skills and following workplace safety guidelines.
- Developing and implementing creative solutions to areas of potential improvement.
- Following all company operating policies and procedures.
- Supporting the actions and decisions of Management.
Job Requirements. The ideal candidate will:
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- Have knowledge of service and food and beverage, generally involving at least 2 years of front-of-the-house operations.
- Have a positive attitude, a strong work ethic and the desire to be part of a team.
- Have the ability to stand on your feet for 8 hours, lift up to 50 lbs., bend and reach.
- Have the ability to take direction.
- Have the availability to work mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Have excellent verbal, interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Have exceptional self-discipline and punctuality.
- Be committed to hard work and excellence and will have a willingness to go “above and beyond.”
- Secure alcohol safety training within two weeks of hire.
Gaslight Group is a collective body of hospitality-based businesses – The 5 Spot Midtown, b. Matthew’s Eatery, The 5 Spot Mobile & Abe’s on Lincoln. Serving delicious, approachable food and drinks in a uniquely beautiful, family friendly atmosphere with exceptional guest service is our specialty!
Ready to apply? Click here!
Have questions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org