At The 5 Spot, we offer a positive, fun work environment with a highly competitive pay, FREE telemedicine/virtual healthcare for all employees and their dependents, subsidized benefits available for full time staff, excellent work/life balance, set schedules, meal discounts and the opportunity for benefits and performance-based advancement opportunities. We believe that a happy, healthy team member is a better, more productive team member. We strive to help every employee in our company reach this goal!
Our focus is on the overall experience of the customer as well as the work environment of our team. This requires a commitment to empowering staff to go above and beyond expectations. With an emphasis on quality products, creative, comfortable atmospheres and an unwavering commitment to personal service, The 5 Spot strives to excel on all levels. If this sounds like an environment in which you could thrive, we want you to become part of our team!
Oversee, direct, and coordinate the planning, organizing, training, and leadership of restaurant staff necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness and sanitation.
Assistant General Manager duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge and promotion of the Gaslight Group culture and brand.
- Ensure that all company policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and training programs are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Maintaining and contributing to a safe and respectful working environment for both staff and customers by using proper food handling skills and following all federal, state, county and municipal workplace health, safety and labor guidelines.
- Supporting the actions and decisions of Management.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Perform various financial activities, such as cash handling, deposit preparation, and payroll, adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Supervise and participate in kitchen and dining area cleaning.
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
- Control inventories of food, equipment, small ware, and liquor, and report shortages.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards. Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs. Arrange for equipment maintenance and repairs when necessary.
- Coordinate a variety of services, such as waste removal and pest control.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Perform personnel actions, such as hiring and terminating staff, providing employee orientation and training, and conducting supervisory activities, such as creating work schedules, evaluating workers and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service, prepare and administer positive employee feedback and disciplinary measures and performing employee performance appraisals on a timely basis.
- Continually strive to develop staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Analyze operational problems and implementing creative solutions to areas of potential improvement.
- Perform some food preparation or service tasks, such as cooking, clearing tables, and serving food and drinks when necessary.
- Conduct meetings and collaborate with other personnel for menu planning, serving arrangements, and related tasks.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
Job Requirements. The ideal candidate will have:
- Ideally candidates would have experience in front-of-the-house operations and/or experience as an assistant manager in the service or food and beverage industry. However, we feel that drive, determination and desire to be part of a strong team are more important than years served. If you have restaurant experience and feel you are ready to become a part of our management team, reach out to us regardless of your previous job titles.
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- Able to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
- The ability to manage a team.
- The availability to work mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Reliable transportation.
- Excellent basic mathematical skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional self-discipline.
- The ability to think on your feet and act intuitively.
- The ability to stand on your feet for 8 hours, lift up to 50 lbs., bend and reach.
- Stamina and availability to work 50 to 60 hours per week.
- Highly competitive and dependent upon experience.
- FREE telemedicine/virtual healthcare for all employees and their dependents
- Company subsidized major medical insurance available.
- Dental and Vision Insurance available
- Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, and Long-Term
- Disability Insurance available
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability, Accident, and Life Insurance available
If you are interested in becoming part of our fast paced, customer service centered, growing company, please send resume with cover letter to email@example.com
Gaslight Group is a collective body of hospitality-based businesses – The 5 Spot Midtown, b. Matthew’s Eatery, The 5 Spot Sandfly & Abe’s on Lincoln. Serving delicious, approachable food and drinks in a uniquely beautiful, family friendly atmosphere with exceptional guest service is our specialty!
Ready to apply? Click here!
Have questions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org