Assistant Kitchen Manager
At The 5 Spot, we offer a positive, fun work environment with a highly competitive pay, FREE telemedicine/virtual healthcare for all employees and their dependents, subsidized benefits available for full time staff, excellent work/life balance, set schedules, meal discounts and the opportunity for benefits and performance-based advancement opportunities. We believe that a happy, healthy team member is a better, more productive team member. We strive to help every employee in our company reach this goal!
Our focus is on the overall experience of the customer as well as the work environment of our team. This requires a commitment to empowering staff to go above and beyond expectations. With an emphasis on quality products, creative, comfortable atmospheres and an unwavering commitment to personal service, The 5 Spot strives to excel on all levels. If this sounds like an environment in which you could thrive, we want you to become part of our team!
Responsible for, under the direction of the Kitchen Manager, all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards; sanitation and cleanliness; training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion and cost control, sanitation and cleanliness. Ensure that overall goals are attained including high levels of employee retention, guest service and satisfaction and food quality.
Assistant Kitchen Manager duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge and promotion of the Gaslight Group culture and brand.
- Ensure that all company policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and training programs are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Maintaining and contributing to a safe and respectful working environment for both staff and customers through proper staff training, using proper food handling skills and following all federal, state, county and municipal workplace health, safety and labor guidelines.
- Supporting the actions and decisions of Management.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Supervise and participate in kitchen cleaning.
- Control inventories of food, equipment, and small ware and report shortages to Management.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards. Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs. Arrange for equipment maintenance and repairs when necessary.
- Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures and oversee training of new kitchen employees.
- Analyze operational problems and implementing creative solutions to areas of potential improvement.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures.
Job Requirements. The ideal candidate will have:
- Ideally candidates would have experience in back-of-the-house operations and/or experience as an assistant manager in the service or food and beverage industry. However, we feel that drive, determination and desire to be part of a strong team are more important than years served. If you have restaurant experience and feel you are ready to become a part of our management team, reach out to us regardless of your previous job titles.
- The ability to manage a team.
- The availability to work mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- Reliable transportation.
- Excellent basic mathematical skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional self-discipline.
- The ability to think on your feet and act intuitively.
- The ability to stand on your feet for 8 hours, lift up to 50 lbs., bend and reach.
- Stamina and availability to work 50 to 60 hours per week.
- $15-$19 dependent upon experience.
- FREE telemedicine/virtual healthcare for all employees and their dependents
- Company subsidized major medical insurance available.
- Dental and Vision Insurance available
- Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, and Long-Term
Disability Insurance available
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability, Accident, and Life Insurance available
If you are interested in becoming part of our fast paced, customer service centered, growing company, please send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gaslight Group is a collective body of hospitality-based businesses – The 5 Spot Midtown, b. Matthew’s Eatery, The 5 Spot Sandfly & Abe’s on Lincoln. Serving delicious, approachable food and drinks in a uniquely beautiful, family friendly atmosphere with exceptional guest service is our specialty!
Ready to apply? Click here!
Have questions? Send us an email at email@example.com